Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sydney!

Here I am folks, in the big city called Sydney :) I came here on friday, the trip was quite long but went quite smoothly. So far I've been introduced to the staff and got familiar with the facilities and it feels like I've come to the right place :) I'll be working in the ground around the temple (gardening) and on Thursday I'll start once I've gone through all the equipment and safety details.
This weekend there was a spanish festival in Sydney Darling Harbour which was very nice. Spanish music, salsa and a really nice athmosphere. We've also been to the beach to eat some fish n chips and it's was rally nice! The weather here has been very nice since the day I came here, probably around 20-29 degrees every day :) I'm trying to upload pictures but at the moment it doesn't seem to work, but if you want to see some, go to www.resdagboken.se and search for jacke86 and there you'll find something. There I also have a diary on what's going on in Sydney, but unfortunatley it's in swedish.
I also have to say that I'm not able to access facebook and orkut since they have been blocked by our server due to some application it uses. So, please just send me an e-mail instead, I love e-mails :) Anyways, hope you're all doing fine, I miss you a lot! /Jake

5 comments:

superdupermaria said...

Hej gullet! Vad roligt att du har det bra och att du har kommit till rätta! :D Förstår att du inte är avundsjuk på värmen vi hade i Grekland, fast vi sov iallafall säkert bättre än dig... Men du har säkert AC förstås?! :) Annars brukar det ju vara för varmt för att kunna sova om det är 35 grader!
Här hemma i linkan är allt bra, men jag saknar dig och din storebror! Hoppas du får det superkul där nere down under! Johan hälsar!
Stora kramar!

witherandgrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
witherandgrow said...

that's a shame you don't have facebook there, however at an Internet cafe they might. :) I'm so glad to hear that things are working out for you so far!! And working the grounds sounds like a perfect job for you! :) hot and tiring but you'll feel like you're really doing something while serving ;) Take care over there Jakob! do you have msn access by the way? predicting that you probably don't :) but you might.. Hugs Lisalee

Jakob said...

Hey! nice to hear from you Lisalee! :) yeah, working at the grounds suits me quite well so I think that it will work out :) Today we had a Sunday service in the temple which was really nice but the rest of the day has been so slow..tomorrow we are going on a tour around sydney which will probably be more fun though!...by the way I use msn quite frequently here so hope to see you there sometime! Just remember I am 8 hours ahead of you, hehe ;) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Good words.