Sunday, September 17, 2006

School

As some of you already know, I have moved away from home and I'm now a student in the city of Linköping. Linköping is a quite nice city and it's also bigger than my hometown, which means that there's alot of things one can do. The strange thing is that most of my time goes to studies. The programme I'm studying is really hard and it demands a lot of studying in order not to slip behind. But of course I've already slipped behind, and then especially in math. Math is a subject that really sucks sometimes and I wish it wasn't a so elemenatary part of the programme. Studying on your own usually never works, so you really have to have someone to work with. Most of the people in my class have someone to work with except me, but now atleast I know some people that I can ask for help. It makes it a lot easier. Almost every morning the past weeks I've asked myself if I've made the right choice by starting with this programme, and I'm still not sure. The first year is always hard they say so I guess I'll just have to do my best. It's not so easy going from a job to studies, but studies feels more important when thinking about the future etc. But oh well...nobody said everything it was going to be easy. I just hope I'll get through this in one piece. Bye for now!

2 comments:

witherandgrow said...

hey dude! I completely understand your frustration over math!! I have cried over math books and toarn several math sheets to shreads. But my last year in school I actually decided just to read math instead of just problemsolving. You know read all about the subject within math that you're currently at..why whatever pluss whatever turns into whatever. What the different things mean and why etc. Not just..that's how it mysteriously is. If that program is right for you..only time will show. And if you decide that it's not then you're one of many to change their minds ! :) There are many oppurtunites out there. No worries..just give it your best shot. I never had a study partner either. But perhaps you know..it doesn't hurt to ask someone if you can join them..? All it can hurt is your pride if someone says no..and pride rebuilds itself. Your friend always, wither and grow

Jakob said...

Thanks :) Yeah, maybe it's better just to read the math, but I'm afraid it doesn't work when it comes to the tests. I don't know...The worst thing is that we sometimes have lessons/labs until 9pm! I don't know how they think, we're supposed to study more than 8 hours per day...and then study when we come home..? I'm going to be burnt out soon! I think they want us to suffer... :/ But I won't give up so easily, there are no other options right now. If this is not the right thing for me, then like you say, time will show. I just want to relax and do other things than study right now. Thanks for listening and being such a wonderful friend!